Broccoli Lasagna the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 9 servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms|
|3||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1||can (8 ounces) tomato sauce|
|1||can (6 ounces) tomato paste|
|1||tablespoon red wine vinegar|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped|
|1||teaspoon dried basil or 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped|
|Pinch red pepper flakes|
|2||cups ricotta cheese|
|1||cup mozzarella cheese, divided|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|9||lasagna noodles, cooked and well drained|
|3||cups chopped broccoli (about 1 large bunch), cooked and well drained|
|1||to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8X8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and beginning to release liquid. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, oregano, basil and pepper flakes. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, mozzarella and parsley in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of prepared pan. (Trim to fit.) Spread half the ricotta mixture over noodles. Layer half of broccoli over ricotta mixture. Spoon about 1/3 tomato mixture over broccoli. Repeat layers. Place last 3 noodles over second layer; spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles. Cover with foil sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.
Check out more recipes for Italian