Buckeye Buttons the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
|2||packages (18 ounces each) refrigerated triple chocolate cookie dough|
|1/2||(18-ounce) package refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough*|
|1||cup chopped peanuts|
|1/2||cup chocolate chips|
|36||peanut halves (optional)|
*Save remaining 1/2 package of dough for another use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch baking pan. Let both packages of chocolate dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Press both packages of chocolate dough evenly onto bottom of prepared pan. Cut half package of peanut butter dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices on top of chocolate dough in pan, spacing evenly. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts; press down lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut bars into "buttons" using 1-1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Place buttons on wire rack set over waxed paper.
- Place chocolate chips in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Repeat as necessary until chips are melted. Drizzle melted chocolate over rounds; top each round with peanut half, if desired. Let stand until set.
Check out more recipes for Cookies