Makes 2 dozen sandwich cookies
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|1/2||cup creamy peanut butter|
|1/3||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup packed brown sugar|
|Beaten egg white and sesame seeds (optional)|
|1/2||(18-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough*|
|3||tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|2||tablespoons packed brown sugar|
|Red, yellow and green decorating icings|
*Reserve remaining dough for another use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. For buns, remove dough from wrapper; place in large bowl. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, flour, brown sugar and vanilla to dough in bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 14 minutes or until lightly browned. If desired, remove cookies from oven after 10 minutes; brush half of cookies with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Return to oven 4 minutes to finish baking and brown sesame seeds. Remove from oven. Cool on cookie sheets 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For burgers, remove 1/2 package of dough from wrapper. Beat dough, cocoa, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Shape into 24 (1-inch) balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten cookies with tines of fork to a 1/4-inch thickness with a diameter slightly larger than buns.
- Bake 12 minutes or until firm. Cool on cookie sheets 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- To assemble, use icing to attach burgers to flat sides of 24 buns; pipe red, yellow and green icings on burgers. Top with remaining buns.
Check out more recipes for Kid-Friendly Recipes