Butterfly Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes about 20 to 22 cookies
|2-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4||cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened|
|1||teaspoon almond extract|
|White frosting, assorted food colorings, colored sugars, assorted small decors, gummy fruit and hard candies for decoration|
- Combine flour and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extract. Gradually add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until well blended. Divide dough in half. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Roll half of dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut dough with butterfly cookie cutters. Place cutouts on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Tint portions of white frosting with assorted food colorings. Spread desired colors of frosting over cookies. Decorate as desired.
Check out more recipes for Cookies