Buttermilk Cake with Coffee Buttercream John Auburn
John Auburn created this Buttermilk Cake with Coffee recipe in the second season of TLC's 'Ultimate Cake Off'.
|1 1/2||lbs butter|
|1 1/2||oz baking soda|
|1 1/2||qt buttermilk|
|1/4||c of all spice|
|4||lbs unsalted butter|
|2||lbs powdered sugar|
|2||c pasteurized egg whites|
|4||T espresso powder (optional)|
|1 1/2||lb melted white chocolate|
|4||T of espresso powder|
|1/8||c of warm water|
|1/2||c of chopped chocolate covered espresso beans|
|6||oz of butter|
- Cream sugar, butter, salt, baking soda and oil for 10 minutes
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix for 10 minutes.
- Add flour and buttermilk in 3 equal parts. Mix for 15 minutes.
- Add All Spice.
- Bake at 350° F until cake springs back.
- Whip ingredients until light & fluffy. Add espresso powder for coffee buttercream.
- Whip cream. Pour white chocolate into cream and mix until incorporated.
- Dissolve espresso powder in warm water and fold into mousse.
- Add chopped chocolate covered espresso beans.
- Melt chocolate and butter and pour over layers.
Check out more recipes for Cakes