Makes 16 to 18 servings
|2||(9-inch) square chocolate cake layers|
|1||(10-inch) square cake board, covered, or large plate|
|1||cup chocolate chips|
|1/2||cup whipping cream|
|2-1/4||cups prepared white frosting, divided|
|3/4||cup marshmallow creme|
|1||tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1/4||cup peanut butter chips|
|1/4||cup graham cracker crumbs|
- Trim tops and sides of cake layers. Place one layer on prepared cake board.
- For chocolate filling, heat chocolate chips and cream in microwavable bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth. Chill 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until filling reaches desired consistency. (Filling will thicken as it cools.)
- For marshmallow filling, combine 3/4 cup frosting and marshmallow creme in small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Combine remaining 1-1/2 cups frosting and cocoa; stir until smooth. Frost sides of bottom cake layer with cocoa frosting; let stand 10 minutes to set frosting.
- Spread chocolate filling over cake layer, allowing some filling to run over edges. Spread marshmallow filling over chocolate filling, allowing some filling to run over edges. Place second cake layer over marshmallow filling.
- Frost top and sides of top cake layer with cocoa frosting. Arrange peanut butter chips over top of cake. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over top of cake; press in lightly. Score cake down center to resemble graham cracker perforations as shown in photo.
When preparing the cake, either from scratch or a mix, use 3/4 of the batter in the 9-inch square pan to make a higher cake. Bake remaining batter in paper-lined muffin pan cups or reserve for another use.
Check out more recipes for Kid-Friendly Recipes