Candy Bar Cake
Makes 12 servings
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix without pudding in the mix|
|1||cup sour cream|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|3||containers (16 ounces each) white frosting|
|1||bar (2.1 ounces) chocolate-covered crispy peanut butter candy, chopped|
|1||bar (2.07 ounces) chocolate-covered peanut, caramel and nougat candy, chopped|
|1||bar (1.4 ounces) chocolate-covered toffee candy, chopped|
|4||bars (1.55 ounces each) milk chocolate|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and water in large bowl with electric mixer at low speed about 1 minute or until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Spread batter in prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Cut each cake layer in half horizontally. Place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread generously with frosting. Sprinkle with one chopped candy bar. Repeat with two more cake layers, additional frosting and remaining two chopped candy bars. Top with remaining cake layer; frost top of cake with remaining frosting.
- Break milk chocolate bars into pieces along score lines. Stand chocolate pieces in frosting around outside edge of cake as shown in photo.
Check out more recipes for Cakes