Cannolis Well Done Cooking Class
Bill and Jen from TLC's 'The Little Couple' learned to prepare Cannolis at Well Done Cooking Class in Houston, Texas.
|1 1/2||cups flour|
|1||tbsp. Meyer's Dark Rum|
|2||tbsp. powdered sugar|
|Candied orange peel|
- Let rest in plastic wrap for a little while (about 1 hour). Roll out dough to 1/8” thick or use a pasta machine. Cut into 5” squares.
- Place cannoli tube across the corners of the square. Fold one corner around the tube, then the other and press together.
- Use egg wash on one side of dough. Fry in deep oil until golden brown. Let cool before filling.
- Strain ricotta cheese a day before to make sure all the water is removed. If it is still wet, add corn starch or a little sugar.
- Cream ricotta, orange peel, rum and sugar, mixing well. Fill shells with filling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Check out more recipes for Puffs & Pastries