Makes about 5 dozen cookies
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|2||cups packed brown sugar|
|2||tablespoons instant coffee granules|
|1||teaspoon rum extract|
|4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|Chocolate sprinkles or melted semisweet chocolate (optional)|
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add brown sugar; beat until well blended.
- Heat milk in small saucepan over low heat; add coffee granules, stirring to dissolve. Add milk mixture, eggs, rum extract and vanilla to butter mixture. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed after each addition until blended.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, about 2 inches in diameter and 8 inches long. (Dough will be soft; sprinkle lightly with flour if too sticky to handle.)
- Roll logs in chocolate sprinkles, if desired, coating evenly (1/3 cup sprinkles per roll). Or, leave rolls plain and dip cookies in melted chocolate after baking. Wrap each log in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. (Keep unbaked rolls and sliced cookies chilled until ready to bake.)
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Dip plain cookies in melted semisweet chocolate, if desired. Store in airtight container.
|Total Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Cookies