Caramel Fudge Brownies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Caramel Fudge Brownies
Makes 3 dozen brownies
|1||jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping|
|1-1/4||cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon baking powder|
|4||squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped|
|3/4||cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter|
|3/4||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
|3/4||cup chopped pecans|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Combine caramel topping and 1/4 cup flour in small bowl; set aside. Combine remaining 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; mix well.
- Place unsweetened chocolate and butter in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into melted chocolate. Add eggs and vanilla; stir until blended. Add flour mixture; stir until well blended. Spread chocolate mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove brownies from oven; immediately spread caramel mixture over brownies. Sprinkle top evenly with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Return pan to oven; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown and bubbling. Do not overbake. Cool brownies completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into 2X1-1/2-inch bars.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months.
Check out more recipes for Brownies