Caramel-Nut Chocolate Cups the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Caramel-Nut Chocolate Cups
Makes 36 candy cups
|36||Chocolate Cups or purchased chocolate liqueur cups|
|3/4||cup plus 36 pecan halves, divided|
|3/4||cup caramel ice cream topping|
|1-1/8||cups semisweet chocolate chips|
- Prepare Chocolate Cups; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread pecans on baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from baking sheet; cool. Chop 3/4 cup pecan halves into uniform pieces. Reserve 36 pecan halves.
- Spoon scant 1 teaspoon caramel topping into each Chocolate Cup. Top each with 1 teaspoon chopped pecans, pressing gently; set aside.
- Fill bottom pan of double boiler with water to 1 inch below level of top pan. Bring water just to a boil; reduce heat to low. Place chocolate chips and shortening in top of double boiler. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Spoon scant 1 teaspoon melted chocolate around perimeter of each cup; smooth toward center until cup is fully covered. Immediately place one toasted pecan half in center. Let stand in cool place until firm. Store at room temperature in airtight container.
Check out more recipes for Candy