Caribbean Black Bean Casserole with Spicy Mango Salsa the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Caribbean Black Bean Casserole with Spicy Mango Salsa
Makes 6 servings
|2||cups chicken broth|
|1||cup uncooked basmati rice|
|2||tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1/2||pound chorizo sausage|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||cup chopped red bell pepper|
|3||cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained|
|1/2||cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1||cup chopped red onion|
|2||tablespoons white wine vinegar|
|1||teaspoon curry powder|
|1/2||teaspoon ground red pepper|
- Place chicken broth in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy, large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook, turning occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes until browned and no longer pink in center. Remove from skillet to cutting surface. Cut into 1/2-inch slices; set aside. Drain fat from skillet.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 1-1/2-quart casserole; set aside. Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in beans, sausage, rice and cilantro.
- Spoon sausage mixture into prepared casserole; cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Peel mangoes; remove seeds. Chop enough flesh to measure 3 cups. Combine mango and remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Spoon sausage mixture onto serving plates. Serve with mango salsa. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Island