Caribbean Chicken Sandwiches the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Caribbean Chicken Sandwich
Makes 6 servings
|6||boneless skinless chicken thighs|
|1||cup orange marmalade|
|1/4||cup balsamic vinegar|
|1||tablespoon minced green onion|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2||to 3 teaspoons jalapeño pepper sauce|
|1||teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1/2||teaspoon ground allspice|
|3/4||cup low-fat mayonnaise|
|6||hard rolls or hamburger buns, split|
|Tomato slices (optional)|
- Pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Place chicken in large resealable food storage bag.
- Combine marmalade, vinegar, onion, oil, jalapeño, thyme and allspice in small bowl. Reserve 6 tablespoons marmalade mixture; set aside. Pour remaining marmalade mixture over chicken. Close bag securely, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
- Combine 6 tablespoons reserved marmalade mixture and mayonnaise in small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Drain chicken; reserve marinade.
- Place chicken on grid. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, turning halfway through cooking time and brushing with reserved marinade.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on cut sides of each roll. Place lettuce and tomato, if desired, on bottom half of roll. Top with chicken and top half of roll.
|Total Fat||18 g|
Check out more recipes for Island