Note from the TLC Editors: This recipe is an authentic BBQ Pitmasters recipe. Our Pitmasters are really spontaneous and like to create their recipes on the fly, so measurements and cook times are a little loose. Tweak the recipes to suit your tastes and check out How to Grill Food for more tips.
|6||bunches collard greens|
|2||large smoked turkey legs|
|5||stalks celery, diced|
|1||large yellow sweet onion, diced|
|Salt to taste|
|Pepper to taste|
- Cut stemless leaves into 1/2 inch strips.
- Submerge turkey legs in water. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Sauté celery and onion in bacon grease, then add to pot.
- Cook for 1 hour, then debone turkey.
- Add greens to pot and cook till al dente.
Check out more recipes for Summer