Cheddar Pepper Bread the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 2 loaves
|Basic Yeast Bread|
|2||cups cubed sharp Cheddar cheese|
|2/3||cup chopped red bell pepper|
|2/3||cup chopped green bell pepper|
|1/2||cup chopped onion|
|Coarse salt (optional)|
- Prepare Basic Yeast Bread through Step 4. Grease baking sheets; set aside. Turn out dough onto lightly oiled work surface; divide in half.
- Combine cheese, bell peppers and onion in medium bowl; divide in half. Knead half of cheese mixture into half of dough. Knead remaining half cheese mixture into remaining half of dough. Cover with towel on work surface; let rest 5 minutes.
- Round each half of dough into a ball. Place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each round of dough to about 2 inches thick. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place 45 minutes.
- Beat eggs and water in small bowl. Lightly brush top and sides of each loaf with egg mixture. Sprinkle tops of loaves with coarse salt, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove loaves from baking sheets and allow to cool on wire rack.
Check out more recipes for Yeast & Bread Machine