Cheese and Potato Burritos
Makes 6 servings
|1||pound Yukon gold or red unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack or Monterey Jack cheese|
|2||green onions, finely chopped|
|3/4||teaspoon salt, divided|
|2||pounds plum tomatoes|
|1||cup lightly packed fresh cilantro|
|1/2||to 1 jalapeño pepper,* seeded and coarsely chopped|
|1/4||small red onion, coarsely chopped|
|1||clove garlic, quartered|
|1||tablespoon fresh lime juice|
|3/4||teaspoon ground cumin|
|12||(6-inch) fat-free flour tortillas|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
*Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
- Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- Place potatoes in 1-1/2-quart pan; cover halfway with water. Bring to a boil. Cover; cook over medium heat about 8 minutes or until tender. Drain; stir in cheese, green onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Grill tomatoes, skin-side down, on grid over hot coals about 5 minutes or until skin is blackened and tomatoes are very tender. Combine cilantro, jalapeño pepper, red onion and garlic in food processor; process using on/off pulsing action until finely chopped. Transfer to microwavable bowl. Place tomatoes, water, lime juice, cumin and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor; process until smooth. Add to pepper mixture; keep warm.
- Lightly spray tortillas on both sides with cooking spray; grill 1 minute on each side or until warmed.
- Cover one side of each tortilla with 1 tablespoon tomato sauce. Immediately spread about 1/4 cup warm potato mixture down center of tortilla; roll to enclose filling. Spoon about 3 tablespoons sauce over burrito. Repeat to make 12 burritos. Serve immediately.
Burritos are best served just after assembly. Store leftovers as separate components and assemble just before serving. Heat assembled burrito in microwave oven.
|Calories from Fat||13 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for Southwestern