Cheesy Spinach Bake
Makes 6 (1-cup) servings
|8||ounces uncooked spinach fettuccine noodles|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1||cup fresh mushroom slices|
|1||green onion with top, finely chopped|
|4||to 5 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained|
|1||container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese|
|1/4||cup whipping cream|
|1/2||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain; set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green onion and garlic. Cook and stir until mushrooms are softened. Add spinach and water. Cover; cook until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Combine ricotta cheese, cream, egg, nutmeg and black pepper in large bowl. Gently stir in noodles and vegetables; toss to coat evenly.
- Grease 1-1/2-quart casserole. Spread noodle mixture in casserole. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted halfway into center comes out clean.
|Calories from Fat||52 %|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
Check out more recipes for Vegetarian