Chicken Baked in Parchment the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chicken Baked in Parchment
Makes 4 servings
|4||boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)|
|1||cup matchstick-size carrot strips|
|1||cup matchstick-size zucchini strips|
|1/2||cup snow peas|
|1/2||cup thinly sliced red bell pepper|
|2-1/4||cups low-fat low-sodium chicken broth, divided|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1/4||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||package (6 ounces) wheat pilaf mix|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut parchment paper into 4 (10-inch) squares. Place 1 chicken breast in center of each piece of parchment; arrange carrots, zucchini, peas and bell pepper around chicken.
- Combine 1/2 cup chicken broth and flour in small saucepan; stir in garlic, thyme, salt, nutmeg and black pepper. Heat to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute. Spoon broth mixture evenly over chicken and vegetables.
- Fold each parchment square in half diagonally, enclosing chicken and vegetables to form a triangle. Fold edges over twice to seal. Place parchment packets on 15X10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until parchment is browned and puffed.
- Place remaining 1-3/4 cups chicken broth in medium saucepan. Heat to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in pilaf mix (discard spice packet). Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Arrange parchment packets on serving plates; open carefully. Serve with pilaf.
|Serving Size:||1 chicken packet with 1/4 pilaf recipe|
|Saturated Fat||.7 g|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Calories from Fat||7 %|
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry