Chicken Chow Mein
Makes 6 servings
|3||teaspoons cornstarch, divided|
|2-1/2||tablespoons dry sherry, divided|
|2||tablespoons soy sauce, divided|
|2||whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|8||ounces boneless lean pork, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|2||teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||piece fresh ginger (1 inch square), peeled and finely chopped|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|8||ounces deveined shelled shrimp|
|2||medium yellow onions, chopped|
|1||red or green pepper, thinly sliced|
|2||stalks celery, diagonally cut into 1-inch slices|
|8||green onions with tops, chopped|
|4||ounces cabbage (1/4 of small head), shredded|
- Prepare Fried Noodles; set aside.
- Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/2 tablespoon sherry and 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce in large bowl. Add chicken and pork; toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, water, 2 tablespoons sherry, 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce and bouillon granules in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add chicken and pork; stir-fry until no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables to wok; stir-fry until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add bouillon-soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens; cook and stir an additional minute.
- Arrange Fried Noodles on serving plate; top with chicken mixture.
Check out more recipes for Chinese