Chicken Curry the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Prep and Cook Time 28 minutes
Makes 2 servings
|1/2||cup uncooked white rice|
|2||boneless skinless chicken breast halves|
|1||tablespoon butter or margarine|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon curry powder|
|1/4||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1||cup coarsely chopped apple, divided|
|1||teaspoon chicken bouillon granules|
|1/4||cup plain nonfat yogurt|
|2||teaspoons all-purpose flour|
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, cut onion into thin slices. Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Heat butter, garlic, curry powder and ginger in medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add onion, raisins and 3/4 cup chopped apple; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in chicken bouillon and 1/4 cup water. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Combine yogurt and flour in small bowl. Stir several tablespoons liquid from skillet into yogurt mixture. Stir yogurt mixture back into skillet. Cook and stir just until mixture starts to boil.
- Serve chicken curry over rice; garnish with remaining 1/4 cup chopped apple.
- For a special touch, sprinkle chicken with green onion slivers just before serving.
|Total Fat||10 g|
Check out more recipes for Middle Eastern