Chicken Cutlets Celebration
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|1||can (29 ounces) peach halves, packed in syrup|
|1/2||package (20 ounces) frozen whole unsweetened or 1 pint fresh strawberries|
|4||large whole chicken breasts, deboned, skinned and split lengthwise into halves|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|1/4||cup peach preserves|
|1||stick cinnamon (about 2 inches)|
|Hot cooked rice|
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup; add enough water to syrup to measure 2 cups. Reserve.
- Sprinkle strawberries with sugar; reserve.
- Flatten chicken by pounding lightly between 2 pieces of waxed paper until 1/4 inch thick; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in large skillet over medium heat; add 4 of the chicken cutlets. Cook until chicken is light brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Reduce heat; cook until chicken is done, 8 to 10 minutes longer. Remove from skillet; keep warm in 200°F oven.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet; repeat procedure to cook remaining chicken. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Blend cornstarch with 1/4 cup of the reserved juice mixture; stir into drippings in skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Blend remaining peach juice mixture gradually into cornstarch mixture; add preserves, cinnamon and cloves. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peaches to thickened mixture; heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute.
- Add chicken and strawberries to peach mixture. Cook just until strawberries are hot, 1 to 2 minutes. (Do not overcook strawberries or they will become mushy.)
- Heat brandy in small saucepan over medium heat just until warm. Carefully ignite brandy using long wood match. Pour brandy over chicken and sauce mixture; serve immediately over rice.
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry