Chicken & Dumplings Casserole the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 6 servings
|Vegetable nonstick cooking spray|
|3/4||pound chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces|
|6||baby potatoes, red or Yukon gold, quartered (about 1/2 pound)|
|1||cup baby carrots|
|1||cup frozen green peas, defrosted|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth|
|1/2||cup reduced-fat biscuit baking mix|
- Lightly coat 9-1/2-inch glass microwavable pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place chicken, potato quarters, baby carrots, peas, flour, salt and pepper in large resealable bag. Seal and shake to coat ingredients with flour and seasonings. Empty chicken and vegetables into pie plate, shaking to distribute evenly. Add chicken broth. Cover with a 10-inch circle of waxed paper and microwave on HIGH for 20 minutes.
- Combine biscuit mix and water in bowl and mix lightly with fork. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove pie plate from microwave. Remove and discard waxed paper. Drop teaspoons of biscuit dough over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes or until dumplings are puffed and cooked through. Remove from oven; let cool 5 minutes before serving.
|Serving Size:||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||8 %|
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry