Chicken Kabobs in Pita Bread
Makes 4 servings
|1/4||cup olive or vegetable oil|
|1/4||cup lemon juice|
|1/2||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1/4||teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 8 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes|
|2||large rounds pita bread|
|1||small onion, thinly sliced|
|1||tomato, thinly sliced|
|1/2||cup plain yogurt|
- Mix oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper in medium glass bowl.
- Add chicken to oil mixture; toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Thread chicken onto 4 small metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on greased broiler pan. Broil about 5 inches from heat until chicken is golden, 8 to 10 minutes; brushing frequently with marinade. Turn kabobs over and brush with marinade. Broil until chicken is done, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
- Cut each pita bread in half; gently pull each half open to form a pocket. Remove chicken from 1 kabob and place inside each pocket; top with onion, tomato and yogurt. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve hot.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of total recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45 %|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Check out more recipes for European