Chicken Marsala the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 servings
|4||cups (6 ounces) uncooked broad egg noodles|
|1/2||cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs|
|1||teaspoon dried basil|
|4||boneless skinless chicken breast halves|
|3||tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|3/4||cup chopped onion|
|8||ounces cremini or button mushrooms, sliced|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|3||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth|
|1/2||cup dry marsala wine|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|Chopped fresh parsley (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 11X7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and place in prepared dish.
- Meanwhile, combine bread crumbs and basil on shallow plate or pie plate. Beat egg with water on another shallow plate or pie plate. Dip chicken in egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Roll in crumb mixture, patting to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook chicken 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to clean plate; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth, wine, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Reserve 1/2 cup sauce. Pour remaining sauce over noodles; stir until noodles are well coated. Place chicken on top of noodles. Spoon reserved sauce over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers and sauce is hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Serve with crusty Italian or French bread and tossed salad.
|Total Fat||19 g|
Check out more recipes for Italian