Chicken 'n' Rice Pizza the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chicken ‘n' Rice Pizza
Makes about 16 appetizer servings or 6 main-dish servings
|4||cups cooked rice|
|1/2||cup ground walnuts (optional)|
|1-1/2||cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each), cut into bite-size pieces|
|1||small onion, sliced|
|1/2||green bell pepper, sliced|
|1/2||red bell pepper, sliced|
|1/4||pound fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1/2||cup sliced pitted ripe olives|
|1||jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce|
|1||teaspoon dried basil|
|1||teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine rice, walnuts, egg, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in large bowl.
- Press evenly onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of greased 14-inch pizza pan. Bake 10 minutes. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and olives. Cook and stir 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center; drain off excess liquid.
- Spread pizza sauce over cooled rice crust. Spread remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese over sauce. Spread chicken mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with herbs.
- Top pizza with mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand at room temperature to cool slightly before serving.
Check out more recipes for Roll-Ups & Quesadillas