Makes 4 servings
|2||cups tomato sauce|
|1||large egg, lightly beaten|
|3/4||cup bread crumbs|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4||teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1-1/2||pounds chicken tenders (about 12 tenders)|
|3||tablespoons olive oil|
|8||ounces fresh mozzarella, cut in thin slices|
- Preheat broiler. Spread tomato sauce evenly in 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Pour egg into shallow baking pan or deep-dish plate. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper in another shallow baking pan to blend.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg, turn to coat, then shake off excess egg. Dip one side of tender into crumb mixture, then other side to coat. Repeat with remaining tenders.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half the breaded chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes, turning once. Repeat with remaining chicken. Discard leftover crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken in single layer on tomato sauce. Top with mozzarella slices. Broil 6 inches from heating element 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese has melted and begins to brown. Serve warm chicken over tomato sauce.
To keep your hands from becoming breaded too, use one hand to dip the chicken pieces into the egg and the other hand to coat them with the crumbs.
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Calories from Fat||44 %|
Check out more recipes for Italian