Chipotle salsa is made from smoked jalapeño peppers and has a delightful, earthy flavor. If you can't find it in your supermarket, substitute your favorite salsa.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/8||teaspoon garlic powder|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1||pound chicken tenders|
|1||cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese|
|2||tablespoons finely chopped green onion|
|8||(6-inch) corn tortillas|
|1/4||cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1||large tomato, chopped|
|1/2||cup chipotle salsa or other salsa|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine pepper and garlic powder in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over chicken. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook without stirring 4 minutes or until golden. Turn chicken; cook 4 minutes more or until no longer pink in center.
- Combine ricotta and green onion in small bowl; mix well. Spray 13X9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Heat tortillas one at a time just until soft, about 15 seconds per side.
- Spread ricotta mixture across middle of warm tortillas; place chicken on top. Roll up tortillas; place seam-side down in baking dish. Drizzle chicken broth evenly over top.
- Combine tomato and salsa. Spoon over enchiladas; top with cheese. Cover with foil; bake 15 minutes or until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley or cilantro, if desired.
|Serving Size:||2 enchiladas|
|Calories from Fat||21 %|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
Check out more recipes for Mexican