Chicken Roll-Ups the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 servings
|1/4||cup fresh lemon juice|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1/4||cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley|
|2||tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh chives|
|1||teaspoon finely grated lemon peel|
|2||large cloves garlic, minced|
- Combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in 11X7-inch casserole. Pound chicken to 3/8-inch thickness. Place chicken in lemon mixture; turn to coat. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes. Soak 16 toothpicks in hot water 15 minutes.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Combine parsley, cheese, chives, lemon peel and garlic in small bowl. Discard chicken marinade. Spread 1/4 of parsley mixture over each chicken breast, leaving an inch around edges free. Starting at narrow end, roll chicken to enclose filling; secure with toothpicks.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot coals about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer chicken to low or indirect heat. Grill, covered, about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove toothpicks; slice each chicken breast into 5 or 6 pieces.
|Serving Size:||1 roll-up|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||24 %|
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry