Chicken Tostadas the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 servings
|2||cups Refried Beans or canned refried beans|
|Fresh Tomato Salsa|
|4||flour tortillas (10-inch diameter) or 8 corn tortillas (6-inch diameter)|
|3||cups shredded cooked chicken|
|4||cups shredded iceberg lettuce|
|1||small carrot, shredded|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese, divided|
|1||large, firm-ripe avocado, pared, pitted, sliced|
|1/2||cup sour cream|
- Prepare Refried Beans, mashing coarsely.
- Prepare Fresh Tomato Salsa and Lime-Cumin Dressing.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Heat 1 inch oil in deep, heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat to 375°F; adjust heat to maintain temperature. Line baking sheet with paper towels.
- Fry tortillas, 1 at a time, in oil 1 minute or until crisp and light brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in oven on prepared baking sheet.
- Reheat beans, if necessary. Combine chicken, lettuce and carrot in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to mix.
- To serve, place 1 flour or 2 corn tortillas on each plate. Spread beans to within 1/2 inch of edge of each tortilla. Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese evenly over tostadas. Top with chicken mixture and avocado. Garnish with remaining cheese. Serve with Fresh Tomato Salsa and sour cream.
Check out more recipes for Mexican