Chicken with Snow Peas
Makes 5 to 6 servings
|1-1/2||pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces|
|3||tablespoons light soy sauce|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|4||ounces shiitake or other fresh wild mushrooms, stemmed and cut into long thin strips|
|1||red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch triangles|
|4||ounces snow peas, trimmed|
|1-1/2||cups chicken broth|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|Hot cooked rice|
- Combine chicken and soy sauce in medium bowl; cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Combine flour, sugar, ginger and garlic in pie plate. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Roll chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 minute. Add bell pepper and snow peas; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Whisk together reserved marinade, chicken broth, cornstarch and black pepper in small bowl; add to chicken mixture in wok. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Transfer to serving platter. Serve with rice. Garnish with kale leaves, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Chinese