Chicken with Walnuts
Prep and Cook time 19 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|1||cup uncooked instant rice|
|1/2||cup chicken broth|
|1/4||cup Chinese plum sauce|
|2||tablespoons soy sauce|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil, divided|
|3||cups frozen bell peppers and onions|
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1||cup walnut halves|
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Combine broth, plum sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; stir-fry 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok. Drain; discard liquid.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same wok. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir broth mixture; add to wok. Cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Stir in vegetables and walnuts; cook 1 minute more. Serve over rice.
To reduce sodium, use reduced-sodium chicken broth and reduced-sodium soy sauce. Omit or reduce salt when preparing rice.
|Total Fat||28 g|
Check out more recipes for Chinese