Chilled Seafood Lasagna with Herbed Cheese the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chilled Seafood Lasagna with Herbed Cheese
Makes 24 first-course servings
|8||(2-inch wide) uncooked lasagna noodles|
|2||cups ricotta cheese|
|1-1/2||cups mascarpone cheese|
|2||tablespoons lemon juice|
|1||tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves|
|1||tablespoon minced dill|
|1||tablespoon minced fresh tarragon leaves|
|1/4||teaspoon white pepper|
|1||pound lox, divided|
|4||ounces Whitefish caviar, gently rinsed|
|Lox and fresh tarragon sprigs for garnish|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions until tender but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- Process the ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, lemon juice, basil, dill, tarragon and pepper in food processor or blender until well combined.
- Line terrine mold* with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to extend 5 inches over sides of mold.
- Place 1 noodle in bottom of mold. Spread 1/2 cup cheese mixture over noodle. Cover cheese mixture with 2 ounces lox; spread 2 rounded teaspoons caviar over lox. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with noodle. Set aside remaining 2 ounces lox for garnish.
- Cover; refrigerate several hours or until firm. Carefully lift lasagna from mold and remove plastic wrap.
- Garnish with remaining strips of lox rolled to look like roses and fresh tarragon sprigs, if desired. Slice with warm knife.
Check out more recipes for Italian