Chilly Vichyssoise with Cheese the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chilly Vichyssoise with Cheese
Makes 8 servings
|2||small leeks, sliced|
|4||medium potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|2||cups Chicken Broth or canned chicken broth|
|1||package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, softened|
|1/2||teaspoon seasoned salt|
|Dash black pepper|
|Chopped chives, whole chive and chive flowers for garnish|
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks; cook and stir until limp.
- Add potatoes and Chicken Broth to saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream cheese cubes to potato mixture; melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Process soup in small batches in food processor or blender until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Stir in milk, half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- To serve soup hot, cook soup over medium-high heat until bubbly; garnish and serve immediately. To serve soup cold, pour into large bowl; refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Garnish just before serving.
Check out more recipes for French