Chinese Vegetable Rolls the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chinese Vegetable Rolls
Makes about 15 appetizers
|1/4||cup red wine|
|2||tablespoons teriyaki sauce|
|2||tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|
|1||cup diced zucchini|
|1||cup diced yellow squash|
|1||cup broccoli florets|
|1||cup cauliflower florets|
|1/2||cup diced carrots|
|1/4||cup chopped red onion|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|1/4||teaspoon white pepper|
|1/4||teaspoon garlic salt|
|1/8||teaspoon ground red pepper|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||package (16 ounces) egg roll wrappers|
|Peanut or corn oil for frying|
|Sweet and sour sauce, hot mustard sauce or soy sauce for dipping|
- Combine wine, teriyaki sauce and Worcestershire sauce in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in zucchini, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red onion, parsley, white pepper, garlic salt, ground red pepper and black pepper. Cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes until flavors blend and vegetables are crisp-tender. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat. Immediately transfer vegetable mixture to bowl to prevent further cooking. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Place about 2 tablespoons vegetable mixture on bottom half of 1 egg roll wrapper.
- Moisten left and right edges of wrapper with egg. Fold bottom edge up to just cover filling.
- Fold left and right edges over 1/2 inch; roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Moisten top edge with egg to seal. Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers and vegetable filling.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat until oil reaches 365°F; adjust heat to maintain temperature. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, in hot oil 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with sauces for dipping.
Check out more recipes for Chinese