Dan and Scott’s Chipotle Pork Loin With Blue Potato Salad
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
Cook Time 1 1/2 hours
Prep Time 30 minutes
|2||Tablespoons Vegetable Oil|
|3/4||Cup Onions, minced|
|2||Large Garlic Cloves, minced|
|7||Ounces Chipotle Chilies in Adobo (or to taste)|
|1||cup Black Coffee|
|1/2||Cup Cider Vinegar|
|1/2||Cup Apple Cider or Apple Juice|
|1/2||Cup Brown Sugar, packed|
|3||Tablespoons Tomato Paste|
|2||Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce|
|2/3||Pounds Boneless Pork Loin|
|3-4||pounds Blue Potatoes|
|1/4||cup Brown Mustard|
|1||jar Sweet Pickle Relish|
|2||tablespoons Celery Salt|
|1||Vidalia Onion, Chopped|
|3||Hard Boiled Eggs|
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan and add onion and garlic until onion is translucent
- Add chipotle peppers that have been removed from the sauce and finely chopped. Add only the amount needed for your taste.
- Add to onions along with the adobo sauce.
- Add coffee through Worcestershire Sauce and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place pork loin in a deep bowl or large plastic bag.
- Marinate for at least 12 hours up to 2 days. Turn the pork occasionally.
- About 2 hours before grilling
- Bring the marinade to a boil (for a minimum of 5 minutes for food safety) until slightly thickened. Season with salt if desired or needed.
- Use 1/2 cup marinade to baste the pork and use remaining marinade to serve with the pork.
- Heat grill to medium-hot and set pork
- Turn and baste with the sauce until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 150°F (about 50 to 60 minutes
- Let stand for juices to settle. Reheat sauce to serve with the meat. Serve with Blue Potato Salad.
- Quarter the potatoes.
- Boil potatoes until almost soft.
- Let cool and combine with other ingredients and serve.
Check out more recipes for Pork