Chocolate-Almond Meringue Puffs
Makes 15 servings
|2||tablespoons granulated sugar|
|3||packets sugar substitute|
|1-1/2||teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|2||egg whites, at room temperature|
|1/4||teaspoon cream of tartar|
|1/4||teaspoon almond extract|
|1-1/2||ounces sliced almonds|
|3||tablespoons sugar-free seedless raspberry fruit spread|
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Combine granulated sugar, sugar substitute and cocoa in small bowl; set aside.
- Place egg whites in small bowl; beat at high speed of electric mixer until foamy. Add vanilla, cream of tartar, almond extract and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Add sugar mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Spoon 15 equal mounds of egg white mixture onto foil. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 1 hour. Turn oven off but do not open door. Leave puffs in oven 2 hours longer or until completely dry. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Stir fruit spread and spoon about 1/2 teaspoon onto each meringue just before serving.
Puffs are best if eaten the same day they're made. If necessary, store in airtight container, adding fruit topping at time of serving.
|Serving Size:||1 Puff|
|Calories from Fat||36 %|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Puffs & Pastries