Chocolate and Peanut Butter Hearts the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Hearts
Makes 4 dozen cookies
|Chocolate Cookie Dough|
|1/2||cup creamy peanut butter|
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
- Prepare and chill Chocolate Cookie Dough.
- Beat sugar, peanut butter and shortening until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat flour mixture into peanut butter mixture until well blended. Shape dough into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Roll out peanut butter dough on floured waxed paper to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough using 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutters or smaller cookie cutters, if desired. Place cutouts on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with chocolate dough.
- Use smaller heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut small heart shapes from centers of large heart cutouts. Place small peanut butter hearts into large chocolate hearts; place small chocolate hearts into large peanut butter hearts. Press together lightly.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Valentine's Day