Makes 12 servings
|1||package angel food cake mix|
|1/2||cup unsweetened cocoa|
|2||bananas, thinly sliced|
|1-1/2||teaspoons lemon juice|
|1||can (12 ounces) evaporated skimmed milk, divided|
|1/3||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|3||tablespoons fat-free sour cream|
|3||large kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1||can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, rinsed and drained|
- Prepare cake according to package directions, mixing cocoa with dry ingredients; cool completely. Cut horizontally in half to form 2 layers; set aside.
- Place banana slices in medium bowl. Add lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup milk, sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan; whisk until smooth. Whisk in remaining milk. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Blend 1/3 cup hot milk mixture and egg substitute in small bowl. Add to saucepan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add sour cream and vanilla; blend well.
- Place bottom half of cake on serving plate. Spread with half of milk mixture. Arrange half of banana slices, kiwi slices and mandarin orange segments on milk mixture. Place remaining half of cake, cut side down, over fruit. Top with remaining milk mixture and fruit.
|Serving Size:||1 Torte slice (1/12 of total recipe)|
|Calories from Fat||1 %|
|Total Fat||<1 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Cakes