Chocolate Banana Split Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chocolate Banana Split Cake
Makes 8 servings
|1||sheet (18X12 inches) nonstick foil or heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|1||cup packed brown sugar|
|1/2||cup unsalted butter, softened|
|2||very ripe banans, mashed|
|1/4||teaspoon banana or coconut extract (optional)|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|5||tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|3/4||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||pint strawberries, halved|
|2||firm bananas, sliced|
|Whipped cream or whipped topping|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Center foil over 9X5X3-inch loaf pan. Gently ease foil into pan; leaving 1-inch overhang on sides of pan and 5-inch overhand on ends.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Add mashed bananas; beat until blended. Beat in extract, if desired.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Fold foil over batter to cover batter completely; crimp foil, leaving head space for cake as it rises.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Open foil and lift cake from pan. Cool completely.
- Slice cake into 8 (1-inch thick) slices. Serve with strawberries, sliced bananas, whipped topping, nuts and drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Check out more recipes for Cakes