Norman Davis created this Chocolate Cake with Maraschino Cream Cheese recipe in the second season of TLC's 'Ultimate Cake Off'.
Cook Time 35 - 40 min.
|1/2||cup self-rising flour|
|1/2||cup superfind sugar|
|2||level tbsp cocoa|
|1/4||cup melted butter|
|2||(8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened|
|1/2||cup butter, softened|
|2||cups sifted confectioners' sugar|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1||10 oz maraschino cherries|
- Preheat Oven, Grease and flour pan.
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl in the above order. Beat well for 2 minutes. Pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake test done, when using a toothpick.
- Drain cherries well and then cut cherries and place on paper towl to air dry for about 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar.
- Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Take the cherries and mix into the cream cheese filling. Store in the refrigerator after use.
Check out more recipes for Cakes