Chocolate Cake with Maraschino Cream Cheese Norman R. Davis
Norman Davis created this Chocolate Cake with Maraschino Cream Cheese recipe in the second season of TLC's 'Ultimate Cake Off'.
Cook Time 35 - 40 min.
|1/2||cup self-rising flour|
|1/2||cup superfind sugar|
|2||level tbsp cocoa|
|1/4||cup melted butter|
|2||(8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened|
|1/2||cup butter, softened|
|2||cups sifted confectioners' sugar|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1||10 oz maraschino cherries|
- Preheat Oven, Grease and flour pan.
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl in the above order. Beat well for 2 minutes. Pour into a prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake test done, when using a toothpick.
- Drain cherries well and then cut cherries and place on paper towl to air dry for about 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar.
- Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Take the cherries and mix into the cream cheese filling. Store in the refrigerator after use.
Check out more recipes for Cakes