Chocolate Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
This recipe is part of the recipe for Double Chocolate Bombe
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/3||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4||teaspoon baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and sides of 9-inch round baking pan. Add 2 to 3 teaspoons flour to pan. Gently tap side of pan to evenly coat bottom and sides with flour.
- Combine sugar and shortening in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down side of bowl once. Add eggs, water and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Loosen edge and remove to wire rack; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Cakes