Chocolate Cherry Slices
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
|1/3||cup red maraschino cherries, well drained|
|1/3||cup green maraschino cherries, well drained|
|2||packages (18 ounces each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough|
|2/3||cup all-purpose flour, divided|
|Red and green food colorings|
|3||tablespoons cocoa powder|
- Pat red cherries dry with paper towels. Finely chop; place in small bowl. Repeat with green cherries, placing in separate small bowl.
- Remove dough from wrappers, keeping in log shapes. Cut each dough log into thirds, making six pieces total. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Combine 2 dough pieces, 1/3 cup flour and red food coloring in medium bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended and evenly colored. Stir in red cherries. Repeat with 2 dough pieces, remaining 1/3 cup flour, green food coloring and green cherries. Wrap doughs separately in plastic wrap; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 dough pieces and cocoa powder in medium bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Line 8X4X2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, extending wrap over sides. Pat red dough in even layer in prepared pan. Pat chocolate dough in even layer over red dough. Pat green dough in even layer over chocolate dough. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dough from pan; cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Check out more recipes for Cookies