Greg Marsh created this recipe for Chocolate Chip Espresso Cake in the first season of TLC's 'Ultimate Cake Off'.
|1||each Vanilla bean|
|13||oz Cake flour|
|1||Tbl baking soda|
|6||each egg whites|
|6||oz Callebaut chocolate shavings|
|2||oz instant espresso|
|3||lb 12 oz Granulated sugar|
|8||oz meringue powder|
|3||cups cold water|
|8||oz white chocolate chips|
|1||Tbl vanilla extract|
|1||tsp orange extract|
|7||lb butter (unsalted)|
|4||oz butter (softened)|
- Cream butter and sugar (vanilla bean).
- Sift together dry and add alternating with water.
- Whisk eggs until soft peak, add sugar, and beat until stiff.
- Fold in meringue a 1/3 at a time.
- Gently fold in chocolate shavings and espresso.
- Bake 325 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, water and honey in a heavy sauce pan and cook to 240 degrees.
- Place meringue powder and cold water in a mixing bowl medium and whip until stiff peaks.
- Slowly add boiling sugar water to whipped whites.
- Combine chips, cream, extracts and salt and microwave until melted. Add to egg whites.
- Continue to whip until mixture has cooled.
- Whip in butter in small quantities until incorporated.
- Heat cream and pour over chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in butter until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients.
Check out more recipes for Cakes