Makes about 1 dozen cookie pops
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|1||cup butter, softened|
|1||cup granulated sugar|
|1/2||cup packed light brown sugar|
|Additional granulated sugar|
|1||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
|1||cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate candy bar|
|2||teaspoons shortening, divided|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside. Beat butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed.
- Drop dough by level 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets or parchment-lined cookie sheets, spacing 3 inches apart. Flatten dough until 2 inches in diameter with bottom of glass that has been dipped in additional granulated sugar. Insert popsicle stick 1-1/2 inches into each cookie.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool cookies 2 minutes on cookie sheets; transfer cookies to wire rack or slide parchment and cookies onto countertop. Cool completely.
- For icing, place semisweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in small resealable food storage bag; seal bag. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Turn bag over; microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute or until chips are melted. Knead bag until chocolate is smooth. Repeat with white chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon shortening.
- Cut off small corner of each bag; pipe semisweet chocolate and white chocolate over cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Check out more recipes for Cookies