Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Makes 4 dozen cookies
|1/2||cup chopped pecans|
|1||package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix|
|1||jar (12 ounces) chocolate hazelnut spread|
|1/4||cup powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Place pecans in small resealable bag. Using meat mallet or rolling pin, finely crush pecans. Place pecans in small skillet over medium high heat; toast pecans 1-1/2 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in medium bowl 30 seconds on low speed of electric mixer or until smooth. Add egg; beat on medium speed until well blended. Add cake mix; beat at low speed 2 minutes until mixture is smooth and resembles thick cookie dough. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; spray palms lightly with cooking spray, if necessary, to make handling easier. Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes. (Cookies will appear undercooked.) Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon chocolate hazelnut spread on top of each cookie; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Check out more recipes for Chocolate