Chocolate Lace Bowl with Truffles & Dipped Fruit
Impress your valentine with this chocolate lover's dream.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
|6||ounces milk or semisweet confectionery coating, divided|
|4||ounces white baking chocolate, chopped|
|16||fresh strawberries or 28 dried apricots|
|1||recipe Chocolate Truffles|
- Press large sheet of foil onto outside of medium bowl, making sure foil is as smooth as possible. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Place 3 ounces confectionery coating in small resealable food storage bag. Do not seal bag. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Remove from microwave; squeeze bag to distribute chocolate. Microwave 30 to 35 seconds or until coating is completely melted. Cut small corner off bottom of bag; drizzle coating mixture thickly onto bottom and sides of chilled foil-covered bowl; refrigerate 30 minutes. Repeat with remaining 3 ounces confectionery coating. (Make sure that drizzles are thick and will add structure to the sides of the chocolate bowl.)
- Refrigerate 30 minutes. (Bowl will appear almost solid with a few lacy openings as shown in photo.)
- Remove chocolate-covered foil from bowl; carefully peel foil from chocolate. Refrigerate chocolate bowl until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, line baking sheets with waxed paper. Melt white chocolate in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Dip fruit pieces halfway into melted white chocolate; place on prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate until set.
- Prepare Chocolate Truffles.
- When ready to serve, place chocolate bowl on serving platter. Fill with dipped fruits and truffles.
Check out more recipes for Candy