Chocolate-Orange Bavarian Torte the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Chocolate-Orange Bavarian Torte
Makes 10 to 12 servings
|1||package (about 9 ounces) chocolate cake mix|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1/2||teaspoon orange extract|
|1/2||teaspoon almond extract|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 9-inch round baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs and extracts in large bowl. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed 2 to 3 minutes or until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool completely.
- Prepare Orange Bavarian. Place cake layer on serving plate; invert bavarian on top of cake.
- Prepare Chocolate Glaze. Pour glaze over torte, allowing it to run down sides.
Check out more recipes for Cakes