Chocolate-Orange Cake Roll
Bake Time 12 to 15 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Makes 10 servings
|1/3||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, divided|
|1/4||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/4||cup sugar substitute*|
|1/2||cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided|
|1/2||cup orange fruit spread|
*This recipe was tested with sucralose-based sugar substitute.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 15X10X1-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Dust with flour. Set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup cocoa and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat 4 egg yolks and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed 5 to 6 minutes or until thick and light colored. Gradually add sugar substitute and 2 tablespoons sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Beat 4 egg whites in another large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture. Sift flour mixture over egg mixture. Gently fold flour mixture into egg mixture just until blended. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa onto one side of clean kitchen towel. Use narrow spatula to loosen edges of cake from pan. Invert pan onto prepared towel. Roll up towel and cake, starting from short side. Cool on wire rack. Unroll cake. Remove towel. Spread cake with orange spread. Roll up cake. Cut into 10 slices.
|Serving Size:||1 slice cake roll (1/10 of total recipe)|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||15 %|
Check out more recipes for Cakes