Chocolate Reindeer the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Making cookies this holiday season? Check out these tips for making Christmas cookies.
Makes 16 (4-inch) cookies
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|1||cup granulated sugar|
|2||ounces semisweet chocolate, melted|
|2-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|Assorted food colorings and small candies|
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl at high speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 2 cookie sheets; set aside.
- Roll one half of dough on well-floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out cookies with reindeer cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Chill 10 minutes.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until set. Cool completely on cookie sheets. Repeat steps with remaining dough.
- Prepare Royal Icing. Tint with food colorings as desired. Pipe icing on reindeer and decorate with small candies. For best results, let cookies dry overnight uncovered before storing in airtight container at room temperature.
Check out more recipes for Christmas