Chocolate-Strawberry Crêpes the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 8 servings (2 crépes each)
|2/3||cup all-purpose flour|
|2||tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|6||packets sugar substitute or equivalent of 1/4 cup sugar|
|1-1/4||cups fat-free (skim) milk|
|1/2||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|1||tablespoon margarine, melted|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|4||ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened|
|1||package (1.3 ounces) chocolate-fudge-flavored sugar-free instant pudding mix|
|1-1/2||cups fat-free (skim) milk|
|1/4||cup all-fruit strawberry preserves|
|2||cups fresh hulled and quartered strawberries|
- To prepare crépes, combine flour, cocoa, sugar substitute and salt in food processor; process to blend. Add milk, egg substitute, margarine and vanilla; process until smooth. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Spray 7-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into hot pan. Immediately rotate pan back and forth to swirl batter over entire surface of pan. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until crépe is brown around edge and top is dry. Carefully turn crépe with spatula and cook 30 seconds more. Transfer crépe to waxed paper to cool. Repeat with remaining batter, spraying pan with cooking spray as needed. Separate crépes with sheets of waxed paper.
- To prepare chocolate filling, beat cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer at high speed until smooth; set aside. Prepare chocolate pudding with skim milk according to package directions. Gradually add pudding to cream cheese mixture; beat at high speed 3 minutes.
- To prepare strawberry topping, combine preserves and water in large bowl until smooth. Add strawberries; toss to coat.
- Spread 2 tablespoons chocolate filling evenly over surface of crépe; roll tightly. Repeat with remaining crépes. Place two crépes on each plate. Spoon 1/4 cup strawberry topping over each serving. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size:||2 crêpes plus 1/4 cup strawberry topping|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||13 %|
Check out more recipes for Pastries & Crepes